Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vintage Kitchen Utensils...

As you are getting to know me...one thing you will come to find is that I have a slight obsession with vintage kitchen utensils, colanders, strainers, graters, etc, etc, etc. I am drawn to them like a magnet and I may know why.  Growing up in the Martino home, I was not only surrounded by beautiful antiques that had been passed down from generations of our family, but also surrounded (literally) by my great~grandparents kitchen utensils placed creatively around the soffit of the ceiling in my parent's kitchen.  From end to end you will find potato mashers with worn wooden handles, handheld egg beaters with rusty gears, cheese slicers, small sifters with just the right amount of age, spatulas of all shapes and sizes, ravioli cutters, nut crackers, rustic pastry cutters, slotted spoons and a wooden rolling pin that has seen many pies...while I finished posting a few of my favorite vintage kitchen pieces on our etsy store today, I was reminded of the warmth I felt eating my meals in that kitchen and what an impact it had on who I am...so, I thought I'd share them in this post...

Vintage 3 in 1 Lightning Shredder with Interchangable Blades and Avacado Green Handle



Vintage A&J Wood Handled 1923 Hand Mixer Egg Beater



Vintage ACME Safety Grater Memo or Picture Holder




Vintage Bromwell Box Grater Memo or Picture Holder




Vintage Child's Betty Taplin Egg Beater with Red Knob





Vintage Child's Betty Taplin Egg Beater with Sage Green Wood Handle



Until we meet again...
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment