Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black Bean Dip

 This dip is my go~to appetizer dish, whether I'm hosting an outdoor bbq or attending a potluck. It's always a hit, and I usually end up handing out the recipe at the end of the night. It's refreshing, delicious and has a bit of a kick....but best of all, it's easy.

 ~Black Bean Dip~

Ingredients
- 2 cans of corn, drained and rinsed ~or~ 2 ears of corn, grilled and shucked {gives it a nice smoky flavor. worth it if you've got the time}
- 2 cans {14 ounces} black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced green onion {light green and white parts only}
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ~cajun seasonings~ {click for recipe}
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes {cherry tomatoes are best}
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash {es} of Tobasco, if you like it hot

Directions
Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and Tobasco. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.

By the way, Lo and I are hard at work creating TONS of incredible goodies so stay tuned....
until next time,
B

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I tried this dip the last time I saw Lorin! I've been waiting for the recipe! It's so good - thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete