Thursday, April 5, 2012

Take me out to the ball game!

Yay for opening day of Baseball!  We are a baseball family here at the Paul home...Go Dodgers!  As I was preparing for today's blog, I suddenly had an idea that tied into baseball.  So I thought it was appropriate to share this story today.
When we moved into our home a few years ago, the large window in our family room was begging for a window seat.  I collected many ideas- from a large bench stretching the length of the window to a built in window seat that I would have my dad help me build with storage underneath.  I searched for styles that I loved and storage that I needed but simply couldn't decide.  What was missing from my ideas? The answer came in the form of 2 sets of Vintage Dodger Seats that we had sitting in storage.  Yes! It was finally clear.  When my husband, Gary, brought them into our home, not only did they fit perfectly under the window, but they also had room for baskets underneath to store the littles' toys.  I found 4 burlap and linen covered baskets that tucked right underneath.  B made the two pillows for me using drop cloth, burlap, and red and white striped ticking fabric. I love the way the pillows make the seats look so inviting and how it ties everything together.  The red and blue seats are faded just enough to give them a perfectly aged look and the sides and arms of the chairs are charcoal gray metal. I love that you can see a faded yellow K on the side of the blue chair.  So much character and history...  


These seats have seen many wins in Dodger Stadium.  In 1973, they were bolted down in the stadium giving a place for family and friends to sit and maybe enjoy a Dodger dog or two...Root, Root, Root for the Home Team...have some laughs or cry some tears. They were taken out in 2005 when the stadium was renovated and sold off in pairs. I am so thankful to have them now in my home where they give us a place to sit and enjoy a cup of lemonade or two...Root, Root, Root for the Home Team...have some laughs and cry some tears. They are part of what makes this house a home...

Until we meet again...
Lorin

No comments:

Post a Comment