Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Written Inspiration...







At the beginning of the week I decided to organize my recipe box.  I don't know about you but my recipes are all over the place...some on paper, some on recipe cards, some printed from the computer, some ripped straight out of a magazine.  For years, my favorite recipes have been un-strategically placed in my dad's old lunchbox. There is no rhyme or reason to this box. I blindly pull recipes out like I'm playing my own personal game of memory.  But this week, something changed...I felt inspired.  Inspired by my Grandma...God rest her sweet soul...


Grandma (my dad's mom) was a fantastic cook.  She didn't use recipes. A little bit of this and a little bit of that...always delicious and always perfectly seasoned. When she passed away, I was thrilled to find a few handwritten recipes. Each one written with her signature fountain pen on parchment paper...they have become one of my most favorite things I have from her. I have had the honor of carrying on her tradition each year...



So, I began thinking and decided to let my Grandma live through me and transfer my favorite recipes to paper...handwritten...not perfectly, but I find beauty in that.  I found a vintage-y looking binder at Target that has yellow, blue and green leaves that reminds me of an oil cloth table cover.  I will fill it with my favorite recipes, further inspire myself to make the recipes that I have forgotten all about and save a special spot inside for the recipes that Grandma wrote down.  


I pray that these recipes bond my family together and that Grayson and Emerson feel the love from each handwritten page...


Until we meet again...
Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment